Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sidetrip: Global Mala Project 2012


Yesterday, I had one of the most unforgettable experiences of  2012.
I attended the Global Mala Project 2012. It is one of the largest gathering of the yoga community, and my stepmom, Tita Jing, made that awesome idea of inviting me to go with her.
I've enrolled myself into a Saturday yoga class in our neighborhood early August. After one class, albeit the thoughts of giving up during the activity because it's really hard for the unfit and inflexible me, the feeling afterwards was unbelievably good. No muscle pains, unlike when I'm from the gym, and I feel my spirit is renewed.

I said yes to the invitation because I want to experience something new, and it was a great decision.
I was surprised to see a lot of people, women and men, young and old,  who were passionate about the course. There were a lot of classes the entire day. TJ and I took the Yin Yoga(I'd love to enroll in a class), Yoga & Chocolates(Difficult but TJ said I did great for a newbie.. and there were free almond chocolates as rewards.) and at night, the Trance Dance, which was the highlight. I grooved my way and partied with strangers in a circle. It was liberating and relaxing. The teacher went around asking "What are you dancing for?". As for me, it's LIFE. I feel free and infinite. During the end part where they played a lovely version of "In the Sun", I got teary out of joy and gratefulness. I am so glad I did this.
I spent a an hour of gym work out in the morning, 3 hours worth of yoga activities in the afternoon, and I can't feel any ache at all. I'm like a goddess. Oh yoga, what you did to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment