Monday, March 12, 2012

I conquered Corregidor!

I have always wanted to take a day tour to Corregidor since college, and after countless unchecked bucket lists and re-schedules, I finally made my way into the picturesque island last Sunday. My boyfriend and I availed of the Sun Cruise package which includes roundtrip ferry rides from Manila Bay to Corregidor and back, lunch, entrance fees and a tour guide.
It was a sunny morning when we arrived and we rode a tramvia to go around the place, along with a highly infotaining tour guide (Armand) and tourists.

It had been an educational trip with highlights including ruins of baracks and batteries, memorials, museums, a lighthouse, and tunnels. I have learned about the country's history during World War, more than what I have gained during my years in school.

Visiting Corregidor was an interesting experience. Aside from the photos and memories, I went back with a better understanding and appreciation of the past's events. Traveling really does wonders in terms of opening one's eyes to places, stories, culture and people. Now I can't wait for my next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment