Thursday, March 1, 2012

What up, February?

The first half of February flew by in a blur due to the demands of work. Seminars and a big company event ate up most of my time, but I’m not complaining since these have been wonderful opportunities for my (*brace yourselves*) professional and personal growth. Pretty engaged with a master list of tasks, I’ve left little to no chance of posting an update here. It’s only now, remaining days of the month that I finally found the instant to fill in the highlights of the busy February that was.

1. Seminars, seminars and did I say, seminars?
I work for a training company specializing in courses for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). I do the organizing, sales & marketing, material preparation, logistics, reports and planning for these seminars and though it’s a bit overwhelming, this is the best job for me (yet). Meeting people from all walks of life and being appreciated by them is truly fulfilling.
On the other hand, we staged this big event, an awarding ceremony for top young Filipino marketers, early February.I met a lot of industry bigwigs there and was inspired by the bright awardees. Our egress ended close to midnight but we sure had fun.


2. Yumi’s Homecoming or The Night of Polka Dots
My bestfriend(slash)college classmate Yumi, who’s now Singapore-based, went home for a couple of days. Since her trip is short, we just had dinner at KFC Gateway, mall we frequent to during good old, university days. It’s been almost 2 years since we graduated. Time flies fast and we lead different lives now, but it was great to see them. Unintentionally, 3/4 of us were wearing polka dots. Talk about destiny. Haha.


3. Valentine's Day
We celebrated Valentine's Day this year at home. My stepsister cooked yummy salpicao while I bought drinks and ice cream, as contribution. It was a relaxed date, away from the stress and traffic Valentines bring.


4. One Laguna Sunday
I spent one Sunday in our Laguna home to attend my younger stepsister's Family Day at St. Scholastica's. We went to her school mid-morning, and my tummy got giddy over the delicious offerings at the fair. Pizzas, fish & fries(which I loved!), Cerealicious, dirty ice cream, buko shake and more. We had lunch (of my favorite, shrimps!) at home, rested and chatted for a bit before we returned to the school to watch the students' presentations. Early evening, we drove to Tagaytay to chill and boy, was it chilly + windy + cold there. We had some Starbucks before we decided to go home. Albeit short, it was a peaceful and work-free weekend.

5. Bustos Fiesta
Every last Sunday of February, my town in Bulacan celebrates fiesta. There's a carnival, fairs with all sorts of stuff to sell, novenas, processions and yep, food. Loads of it. When in Bulacan, I wake up early on Saturdays because it's Lola's trip to the market and I enjoy accompanying her. The people I see there are folks I've met since I was young and the conversations I overhear are hilarious. Lola got me pop rice and some rice cakes for breakfast. For lunch, we had crabs and shrimps(LOVE). Just when I thought it's over, we had Chicken Teriyaki for dinner. Blissful Saturday, it is. Come Sunday, it was the day of the fiesta. We had family members, relatives and friends over for lunch and need I say more? We're in food heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment