Friday, February 1, 2013

What's up?

It's a shame I haven't been updating this blog lately. For three long months.. who does that?!? Apologies for the laziness but I tell you, life's been good. From October-December 2012, I enjoyed getaways to Hundred Islands, Pangasinan, Baguio, Tarlac, Clark and before Christmas, to Manaoag to give thanks. Spent a food-filled(and zero exercise) holidays with my family and friends.I had a brief downfall in mid-November, which at the time felt like the end of me, but I've managed to turn around. 2012 ended with a bang of gratefulness for an amazing year. Thanks to this online diary which instigated it all. I failed to spelunk in Sagada, enroll in driving lessons and go on a HESL retreat as planned, but who cares when I got a freakin' great time? No fret, I've jump-started 2013 with a memorable weekend in magnificent Palawan(blog post soon). Also, a new year means a new chance to enjoy life. I learned a lot from this project - one is to plan & budget ahead, so I'm taking my savings plan seriously now. A couple of days ago, I re-opened my bank account to begin my road to financial stability again(Yay!). Last year, I went on spontaneous road trips and shopped until I dropped so it was impossible to save. This year, I need to grow up and focus on the priorities. Destinations this year are Sagada and Coron, activities are driving lessons, HESL retreat, Jason Mraz concert (if he comes back to Manila) and to work on my career. Fight!

This January, highlights were the New Year weekend in our Laguna home, Palawan trip, my haircut(bangs baby!) and achieving my goal - budgeting for a month & open bank account with actual savings. 
Today's the start of a new month, love month they say, and I'm looking forward for a fit and fab February!
Goal - Back to regular exercise and eating healthy. I'm considering to go vegetarian for a week and pescatarian for a month, in time for the Holy Week. Well, wish me luck err, motivation.

Okay, I have to go. Gotta begin my life today. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment