Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reader's Corner: Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella

Twenties Girl is my latest acquisition of Sophie Kinsella published books, thanks to National Bookstore's Summer Sale. It took me a while to decide on buying this because I was more into the Shopaholic series, and I thought the "ghost" synopsis will not work for me. It was corny, or so I thought.

I read(and finished it) one lazy Sunday afternoon in April, and boy, was this bestseller amazing.
It was the first Kinsella masterpiece which made me laugh out loud, giddy, protective, touched, sad, angry, happy and in tears, throughout the story. The protagonist Lara's and the "ghost" Sadie's crazy but lovable characters jived well, and that it is in their strange relationship and journey in finding a missing necklace, that makes the book an exciting read. In addition, it was through their connection that the characters discovered more about themselves, learning from each other. 

I'm more of a fifties soul, but I have to give it to Twenties Girl for warming my heart and inspiring me to go for the ones(people, things, dreams) I love. 

My Sophie Kinsella book collection(hope I could post them soon) is now completed and unintentionally,I saved the best for last. Go Twenties Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment