Sunday, June 24, 2012

Find the joy.

May and June had been pretty tough months for me. The week after Pinatubo, I was down with the flu
so I was absent for a number of days. I haven't been that sick in years and with my low pain tolerance to boot, the flu was excruciating, killing me. Went back to work with loads of tasks piled up and it seemed my job has completely taken over my life. I feel very unorganized and overwhelmed with my chores, up until today, my desk folders are in a messy array. My birthday passed and I celebrated it with a guiltless shopping spree which really brought my 'savings' to the brink. I'm also having a hard time with my faith. I'm a Catholic by heart and I want to stay that way forever but it's been really difficult for me. I'm mentally, physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually drained these days. Such exhaustion kept me away from this happiness project of mine. And I'm always nearly in tears and breakdown. Is this depression? What keeps me is hope. It helps that I hold on to my St. Jude prayer that I keep in my pocket. I was reading the verses the other day and I was crying afterwards.

I'm in a confused state now. But one thing is clear, I want to be happy and continue this project.
Ok, not even over-the-top happy. To be "at peace" will do. So here's what I'll work on..

Mental - Stop thinking to much. I'm a time freak, worrywart which heightens my stress level all the time.
Physical - Start exercising again. Take the vitamins everyday. Don't forget the flu shots and have my tests scheduled.
Emotional - Deal with relationships maturely. Don't waste time and others' time, feelings and efforts.
Financial - Start saving again and stop shopping! Budget, Ayen, b-u-d-g-e-t!!!
Spiritual - Pray always. Things will get better. And I'm really serious about attending the HESL retreat.
Educational - Learn a new skill. Save up for driving lessons and try cooking.

Need to work on my attitude starting today. The bright side is I still have July-December.
This is a start.

Side note: Is it just me or I looked happier and healthier when I welcomed 22 than when I turned 21?





No comments:

Post a Comment