Thursday, August 9, 2012

Reader's Corner: Fifty Shades Series - Grey, Darker & Freed by E.L. James

When I said that Twilight is real deal sweet, romantic, the works, it means I haven't read Fifty Shades yet.

Fifty Shades, in case you haven't heard yet, is an erotic fiction novel which has been making noises all over the world due to its popularity(especially among women) and the controversies that it produced.
Love stories are my weakness so I just had to gave in to the fad and try one book. The rest is history.

It's the usual boy-meets-girl, boy-sweep-her-off-her-feet, plus relationship-ups-and-downs story but it was so captivating, I find it hard to put the bestseller down. I guess it worked for a lot of lady readers because girls being girls, wishes to be treated, cared for and loved the way the main guy, Christian Grey, treats, cares for and loves Anastasia Steele. Oh well, it worked for me that way. Theirs is a relationship so ideal in the cheesy, lovey dovey sense, it makes me giddy and root for their tandem. Though personally, I would not want to be in such relationship in reality because I find it too complicated and suffocating. (I'm so having haters for saying this. Ha ha ha.) There were sexual scenes, which caused a stir globally, but it did not bother me because I've been through more opening book experiences before.
To sum it up, reading the trilogy was a sweet escape.

The main characters in the story shared a lot of firsts in their relationship. As for me and my 'short fling' with Fifty, it was my first set of e-books and the very first time I finished a trilogy in a weekend's span.
That being said, can I just thank my friends Sheshe & Potxee for supplying me with my copies? I enjoyed them to bits. Now, I have to get back to my actuality of zero Christian Grey and continue striving for my happiness in the here and now.

Laters, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment