Thursday, October 4, 2012

Sidetrip: American Idol 2012

Two Friday nights ago, I was asked to accompany my "favorite" cousin Patricia to see the American Idol 2012 Concert, the stars and show of which she is a fan of. I'm familiar of the show, especially the Filipina Jessica Sanchez and watched a few episodes but I hardly know them to deserve such pricey opportunity. I said yes anyhow because I'm to thrilled to spend an unforgettable night with one of my best friends, am actually more excited to be with her than to see the singers. I had no expectations and advised her beforehand that I might be a boring chaperon. And then the concert night came...
It was a crazy, fun night. The performers were talented and entertaining, I can't help but cheer for them and danced the night away. Wow, Colton Dixon is a revelation.. I'm a late bloomer on these things, right?
I really had a great time seeing them and more so, seeing how happy Patricia was. I'm grateful for another 'new' adventure. This existence is full of surprises most of the time. Thanks Tita and Tricia! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment