Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Best Memories of 2011

2011 had been an amazing year for me. Though it kicked off to a bad/sad start, the following months were filled with adventures, opportunities and memories I will treasure forever.

In gratitude, I made a list of the top 5 memorable events I loved and appreciated the most.

1. Christmas 2011

The Holiday season was extra special last December because my dad’s youngest brother, who I’m close with and haven’t seen for more than 8 years, went home and celebrated Christmas with us. Our annual party was more fun and meaningful with his and his wife’s presence, and truly, the occasion was all about love and family. Sure, the gifts and food had been overwhelming but I have to give it to Tito Ichan and Tita Joyce for making Christmas 2011 the best I had in a long time.

2. Jason Mraz in Manila (30 October 2011, Smart Araneta Coliseum)

Seeing and hearing Jason Mraz perform live was an incredible experience, way too good for words. Singing in unison and dancing away without people blocking you off, exchanging high fives and smiles with strangers, being captivated by the positive energy that night and feeling the love and passing it around. Best night of my life! (and if Mr. A-Z is true to his words,I’m having an aMrazing one this year)

3. Lola Tina’s 75th Birthday Weekend (10-11 April 2011 Fontana Leisure Park)

We hosted a luau for my paternal grandmother’s birthday, complete with summer outfits, colorful leis, paper lanterns and a program Lola was over the moon about. It was the family’s first out-of-town and all of us had a grand time bonding over karaoke, overflowing food, drinks until dawn, malling and swimming. Albeit short, the getaway made us closer as a family and I’m crossing my fingers for more of these moments.

4. New job, endless opportunities

My current job (which I was initially hesitant about) took me over and really pushed my limits. Over the last six months, I gave Powerpoint and Excel a try, conquered my fear in installing the LCD projector, met and strike conversations with clients,

helped organize a conference, made and presented an actual year -end report + marketing plan, attended a number of seminars(for free!), gained more confidence, and the best part, get mentored by industry experts. Pressure and stress asi

de, I’m enjoying working for and learning a lot from my team.

5. My 21st Birthday

I spent my birthday attendi

ng mass at St. Jude, having lunch with my family and opening myself up to unexplored but better opportunities in life. I quit my first job the day before so we opted to have a simple celebration. Bored, broke and broken, I made a decision for myself, and that is to follow my dream, be a better version of myself. A Happy Birthday, indeed.

So yeah, 2011 had been a good year for me. Looking back, I learned a lot from the wonderful adventures I encountered last year.

This 2012, wherever this new chapter will take me, I'll be enjoying the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment