Sunday, July 1, 2012

Reader's Corner: A Desirable Residence by Madeleine Wickham


My sister and I are big fans of Sophie Kinsella. We have an entire collection and upon reading all her published books, the most logical thing to do is try out her Madeleine Wickham novels. Madeleine Wickham is Sophie's real name. She used Sophie Kinsella as her pen name for the Shopaholic series and some other equally awesome books. If you don't know this trivia yet, you're welcome.


A Desirable Residence is under Wickham's best genre - chick lit.Unfortunately, it did not took me away the way Wickham's Sophie Kinsella bestselllers did. Desirable Residence is about a house(hence the title) and the issues, love, lies and affairs surrounding it. There were funny parts, yes, but it was not for me. I'm kind of sensitive with the 'affairs' portion, honestly. Maybe if I'm in my 30s or 40s, I'll appreciate this more.


I don't have much to rave about A Desirable Residence but I'm still open for other Wickham books. Let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment