Friday, July 27, 2012

the lookbook project


Each time I re-organize my closet, I usually see clothes I rarely wear and never get to wear at all, piled at the bottom of my drawer. Quite in contrast with my frequent "I-don't-have-enough-clothes" complaints. Last May, along with my pursuit of looking and feeling better, I started this daily posts of my outfits in Twitter and Instagram, a la Lookbook. I did this project 1) To make an inventory of clothes I wear, I rarely wear but will wear more and clothes I will never wear 2) To let go of stuff I will never use anymore and 3) To have an excuse to dress-up. LOL. For the past couples of months, it had been a regular chore for me before I go out, and I've enjoyed the journey. I get to wear things I forgot I had, mix and match stuff and produced better looking attires, went out of my comfort zone and tried on new clothes, gave away stuff for others' use and as a bonus, received compliments. I used to hate the color red with a passion but since this project of mine, I've been more open and accessorize with red every now and then.


My dress up mantra these days, from a Mraz song, is  "You should look as good as your outlook."
The fun process of trying to look good, gives some positive vibes(and colors) especially during gloomy days.
This project is my way of conquering every lazy morning through 
getting up, dressing up and showing up for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment